Monday, February 15, 2010

Home

Well, I'm going to make this quick as for the first time in 3 months, I must be up for work in the morning and it's getting on 10 o'clock. Definitely not too excited about that. I was making my lunch earlier this evening, and it finally hit me I'm back in the real world. It is great to be home though, and I have decided Salmon Arm is my home. It's a beautiful place... all of BC is. I drove my Jeep from Vancouver down the Coquihalla Highway to Salmon Arm and I was impressed by the scenery after every bend in the road.

   The Jeep. I love it. I spent about an hour in the driveway today just tinkering with it. It needs a few things fixed, here and there. A screw tightened, a screw replaced, ball joints replaced and a wheel alignment. All with time though. Extremely liberating to just be able to grab my own car keys and drive my own vehicle into town on my own schedule. I'm proud to be the owner of such a nice truck. My Mike Dad was telling me I could sell it in the fall before I went traveling again, but after 4 days with the thing, I do NOT want to let it go. It's such a good vehicle for me. I cannot wait to start tossing some dive gear in the back.

   Speaking of dive gear, my first day back in town I stopped into the Local Dive Shop (LDS), Copper Island Diving. I was inquiring about doing a crossover to become an SSI Instructor to go along with my PADI rating. Being dual certified would make me that much more employable next winter, and I'll be able to work with the LDS on weekends and evenings throughout the summer. I really need to stay active in the dive community as much as possible.

   All I need is some super warm wetsuits to keep me warm. A drysuit will just be too pricey! I'm sleepy, and it's going to be a loooooooooong day tomorrow,

See you later,
Brock M. Kelsch
OWSI# 496457

No comments:

Post a Comment